The Southland Murihiku Conservation Management Strategy (CMS) describes the conservation values present in mainland Southland and the Subantarctic Islands, and provides guidance for the Department's work in the form of a vision, objectives, outcomes for Places, policies, and milestones; translating the Department's strategic outcomes to Southland.
This CMS remains operative unless formally reviewed in full or in part or amended.
Volume I includes:
- Part One: vision and objectives
- Part Two: outcomes, policies and milestones for Places
- Part Three: other specific policies that address legislative and general policy requirements
- Part Four: implementation monitoring and reporting, and review
- the glossary and appendices.
The vision and objectives in Part One, and the policies in Part Three, cover all public conservation lands and waters in Southland. The territorial jurisdiction aligns to the old Southland Conservancy boundary excluding Stewart Island/Rakiura, which has a combined CMS and National Park management plan published in 2011. The Southland Murihiku area is within the Southern South Island Region.
Volume II contains maps and a public conservation land inventory.
Published by the Department of Conservation.
ISBN 978-0-15083-4 (print)
ISBN 978-0-478-15084-1 (web)
Volume II Maps
ISBN 978-0-478-15079-7 (print)
ISBN 978-0-478-15078-0 (web)