Located in Stewart Island/Rakiura hunting and Rakiura National Park and Stewart Island/Rakiura in the Southland region
IntroductionThis is a standard six-bunk hut in the Stewart Island/Rakiura area.
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Adult (18+ years): $5 per night
- Youth (11–17 years): $2.50 per night
- Child/Infant (0–10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Standard Hut Ticket (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put this in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass that gives unlimited use at most Standard and Serviced huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
About hut tickets and passes | Retailers that sell hut tickets and passes
Fees from 1 July 2023
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Youth (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Child/Infant (0–4 years): free
NZTopo50 map sheet: CJ09,
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1210730, N4784084
Boil water before use
Water at this hut is not treated and needs to be boiled before use. High rat numbers on Stewart Island/Rakiura increase the risk of tank water being contaminated.
|Rakiura National Park Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 3 219 0009|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
15 Main Road
PO Box 3
Rakiura/Stewart Island 9846
|Full office details|