IntroductionThis is a standard 6-bunk hut in the Motueka area.
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
This is part of the Te Araora Trail.
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Youth (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Child/Infant (0–4 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Standard Hut Ticket (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put this in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass that gives unlimited use at most Standard and Serviced huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
Times from nearest road end and huts
- Hacket Creek Road (off Aniseed Valley Road): 6 hr
- Slaty Hut via Alpine Route: 2 hr 30 min
Tracks to this hut
Alpine RouteLocated in Mount Richmond Forest ParkThis challenging trip above the bushline in Mt Richmond Forest Park offers outstanding views over the Waimea Plains and the Inland Kaikoura Ranges.1 alertDurationDifficulty Advanced, Expert
NZTopo50 map sheet: BQ26
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1620105, N5410303