Lake Tūtira Campsite
Located in Tutira area in the Hawke’s Bay region
IntroductionCamp at the southern end of the freshwater lake, and walk to Table Mountain Trig for views of inland Kaweka, Maungaharuru Range and coastal Hawke’s Bay. Enjoy fishing, swimming, kayaking and sailing on the lake.
- Rivers and lakes
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Kayaking and canoeing
The causeway can flood in winter making the campsite inaccessible.
Closed for lambing 1 July – 30 September.
Fires are not permitted at any time. See fire rules on conservation land.
Bookings are required at the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council campsite located approximately 950 m from the entrance. Booking information.
- Starting from Bay View stay on state highway 2 for 31 kilometres
- Turn right into Lake Tūtira Regional park. Make sure to keep to the left and wait for a safe time to turn if turning right onto this road
- The campground is at the end of the road.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1936720, N5650492
Latitude: -39.23329 Longitude: 176.89277
- No motorboats are permitted on the lake
- The lake may be subject to toxic algae bloom, do not enter the water if signs advise
- Fires not permitted at any time
- Picnic shelter on site
Fishing, swimming, kayaking and boating. Motorised craft prohibited.
|Ahuriri / Napier Office|
|Phone:||+64 6 834 3111|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
59 Marine Parade
PO Box 644
|Full office details|