IntroductionThis accessible hut is a good overnight option for families with children who have some tramping experience or new trampers.
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
This is a popular hut and may be full at times.
Nina Hut sits on an open knoll surrounded by beech forest and mountains.
- Bunks - platform (shared) bunks with mattresses
- Water supply - cold water from a rain collection tank
- Heating - wood burner (firewood not provided, collect dead wood from around the hut)
- Long drop toilet a short walk from the hut
- Space for camping outside the hut
- Sleeping bag
- Cooking stove, pots/pans and utensils
- Toilet paper
- Rubbish bag
- Newspaper/firelighters and matches/lighter for the wood burner/fire
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Youth (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Child/Infant (0–4 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Standard Hut Ticket (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put this in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass that gives unlimited use at most Standard and Serviced huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
Tracks to this hut
Nina valley tracks and routesLocated in Lake Sumner Forest ParkExplore the Nina Valley on these tracks - the track to Nina Hut is suitable for families with children who have some tramping experience and new trampers.DurationDifficulty Advanced, Expert
NZTopo50 map sheet: BT23
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1544217, N5298251
No dogs allowed.