Dry Acheron Track
Located in Korowai/Torlesse Tussocklands Park in the Canterbury region
IntroductionAccess to Dry Acheron Stream and the two covenant areas is provided courtesy of the Dry Acheron and Big Ben station owners.
Access to Dry Acheron Stream and the two covenant areas is provided courtesy of the Dry Acheron and Big Ben station owners.
Be respectful when crossing private farm land:
- Stay on the marked route and keep within the boundary of covenant areas at all times
- Cross fences only at stiles
- Do not disturb stock
- Leave gates as you find them (open or shut)
- Car park to Clay Gully junction - 1 hr
- Clay Gully junction to Clay Valley covenant - 10 min
- Clay Gully junction to Big Ben Route junction - 1 hr
- Big Ben Route junction to Conical Knoll covenant - 30 min
- Big Ben Route to Big Ben (Korowai/Torlesse Tussocklands Park) - 2 hr
The track entrance is off Lake Coleridge Road, about an hour drive southwest from Christchurch.
Stay safe in the outdoors
- Take the right gear for your trip: Walking and tramping gear lists.
- Tell a trusted person your plans and when to raise the alarm if you haven’t returned. Send them the information directly, or use the Outdoor Intentions form or Plan My Walk.
- Follow the five essential steps of the Land Safety Code.
|Arthur's Pass National Park Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 3 318 9211|
104 West Coast Road
PO Box 51008
Arthur's Pass 7654
|Full office details|