How to apply for access
Applications are open, but the access code will not work until 2 November 2019.
For more information, contact:
|Raukapuka / Geraldine Office|
|Phone:||+64 3 693 1010|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
13 – 15 North Terrace
PO Box 33
|Full office details|
Central South Island Fish & Game Office
Phone: +64 3 615 8400
Conditions of use
- Vehicle usage is seasonal.
- Vehicle owners will require permits to use the track and that permit holders comply with the permit conditions.
- Permit holders must read the conditions and disclaimer regarding usage expectations, prior to permit issue.
- Track may be closed (temporarily or permanently) at any time that:
a) breaches of the permit conditions become unacceptable; or
b) unseasonal weather conditions affect the site. Unseasonal weather conditions could include extreme fire danger or wet ground.
- Permits will only be issued to owners of 4WD vehicles that are legally registered and, therefore, display registration plates. See below for list of acceptable vehicles.
Track opening and closing times
The standard annual opening and closing dates will be:
- Opening - first Saturday in November
- Closing - last weekend in April
DOC may close the track at any time during the open season for reasons including:
- high fire risk conditions
- extended wet periods
- unacceptable damage to the facilities, biodiversity values, or social conflicts.
The track can be accessed by the following (registered and warranted) vehicles:
- 4WD vehicles
- ATVs (all terrain vehicles)