Rangers from the Whakatāne district invite you to join our monthly volunteer days. The activities and the location will vary from month to month.
As well as helping out DOC rangers and community groups, you'll also get to learn about the history of the project area, go on a walk, or even catch a glimpse of some of the amazing wildlife.
When and where
Once a month: Dates TBC
Locations vary and include:Tauwhare Pā, Matata Lagoon Loop Track, Fairbrother Loop Track, White Pine Bush Track.
Transport may be provided - check with the office.
What work to expect
- Using machete/loppers to trim any low hanging branches/vines or encroaching.
- Rubbish collection.
- Removing any debris from tracks.
- Garden maintenance.
Who should apply
- medium fitness – can walk over even terrain carrying tools
- to be enthusiastic and keen to learn.
What to bring
- Food for lunch
- Water bottle or camel pack
- Sun hat, raincoat
- Personal medication
- Good footwear (boots preferred)
DOC will provide
- Safety Hi-vis vest
- Gloves and eye-wear if required
- Hand tools
- Drinking water and a snack
- First-aid kit
How to apply
Complete the online form or contact Teresa McCauley.
If you have any questions, contact:
Teresa McCauley, Community Ranger
Phone: +64 27 247 9176