General maintenance (5 days)
Assist with the maintenance of the Kawau Island Historic Reserve and the exterior of Mansion House.
- Beach clean ups
- Raking and composting autumn leaves
- Removing palm fronds from pathways
- Raking tracks
- Spreading gravel
- Washing down the gazebo
- Fertilising the lawn
- Clearing encroaching grass from sides of Coach Road
- Vegetation control and rubble removal from around incinerator
A minimum of two and a maximum of five volunteers are required per trip.
- 8 July- 12 July
- 15 July- 19 July (dependent on demand)
- 30 September- 4 October
- 7 October- 11 October (dependent on demand)
What to bring
A full gear list will be provided once you have booked a placement.
What to expect as an individual volunteer
We are looking for volunteers with enthusiasm and a can do attitude. A low-medium level of fitness is acceptable, but medium-high will ensure a more enjoyable experience.
Expect a minimum of 6 hours work each day. This leaves free time to swim, fish, and explore.
Transport/cost: Return ferry fare of $30.00 (this is a discounted rate for volunteers)
Experience required: If you have gardening, building, or other practical skills and experience let us know and we will tailor tasks to suit if possible.
How to apply
Register your interest at least four weeks before the trip date.