Application for a lease by Sharon Reeves Family Trust
IntroductionSubmissions closed on 29 August 2022. We asked for your views on an application by Sharon Reeves Family Trust for a lease within Lake Ōkāreka Marginal Strip.
DOC received an application from Sharon Reeves Family Trust for a lease for the exclusive use of land within Lake Ōkāreka Marginal Strip occupied by a proposed boat lifter and a jetski port.
The application has closed and we have published the submissions. You can find the application details below.
Any person or organisation was able to make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal. Submissions closed at 5 pm on 29 August 2022.
Read the submissions
DOC received two submissions on this application.
About the submissions
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard in support of their submission, must have requested (within that submission) an opportunity to appear before the Director-General.
Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wished to keep any part of your submission confidential, you needed to state this in writing when making your submission.
What happens next
After submissions close:
- DOC will analyse and consider all submissions and comments on the submissions.
- A hearing will be held if there have been requests to be heard by the Director-General. If you have expressed an interest in presenting your submission at a hearing, you'll be contacted by DOC regarding this.
- DOC will analyse and consider information raised at the hearing if a hearing occurred.
- DOC will make a recommendation to the Minister of Conservation.
- The Minister of Conservation will make a decision on the application.
An online hearing will occur on Friday 25 November 2022. Email Permissions Advisor Darcy Liddell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to attend.
No details at this point. Details, such as submissions and the decision outcome, will be added when they are available.
This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation received an application for a lease concession for a term of eight years.
Applicant: Sharon Reeves Family Trust
Location of proposed activity: Within Lake Ōkāreka Marginal Strip near 21 Steep Street, Lake Ōkāreka, Rotorua
Map reference: NZTM accommodation boundary co-ordinates: E1893246.79 N5770339.13
Concession applied for: A lease for exclusive use of land occupied by a proposed boat lifter and a jetski port.
Summary of proposal: To use a proposed boat lifter attached to an existing jetty and an existing jetski port attached to a wooden pole structure on the lake edge for recreational purposes.
- Sharon Reeves Family Trust – applicant information form 1a (PDF, 1,267K)
- Sharon Reeves Family Trust – application form 3b (PDF, 15,351K)
- Map of location of proposed activity (JPG, 447K)
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If you have a question about the application or the submission process you can contact Darcy Liddell, Permissions Advisor. Email: email@example.com