This application is notified under section 17SC of the Conservation Act 1987. The Minister of Conservation has received a concession application for a lease and licence for a term of 30 years from Path New Zealand Limited.
Path New Zealand Limited
Location of proposed activity
Fiordland National Park – Milford Road Front Country Visitor Setting
- Between approximate map references NZTM: 5011108.1206434 and 5011072.1206618 for the accommodation facilities and associated services
- Approximate map reference NZTM: 5117542.1300394 for the car park
- Between approximate map references NZTM: 5117744.1300285; 5117627.1300408 and 5117272.1300284 for an access track
- Between approximate map references NZTM: 5117695.1299886 and 5117590.1299768 for a nature trail.
Summary of proposal
Path is applying for a concession to lease land to build and operate a commercial structure in Fiordland National Park. The application includes the construction and continued operation of four main elements:
- Accommodation facilities (includes staff accommodation) and associated services
- A car park
- An access track
- A nature trail
Together these elements are referred to as the Proposal.
For an opportunity to view the site on either 27 or 28 June 2018, contact the applicant at email@example.com to arrange a time.
Concession applied for: Lease and Licence
How to submit
Any person or organisation may make a submission in writing to the Director-General on the proposal. The submission must be made on a submission form, available by downloaded or from your local DOC office.
You may make a submission by sending a written or electronic submission to:
Department of Conservation
PO Box 5244
Level 1, John Wickliffe House
265 Princes Street
Attention: Lisa Wheeler, Permissions Advisor
Submissions close at 5 pm, Friday 20 July 2018. Once submitted, submitters' information is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 and may be released under that Act. If you wish to keep any part of your submission confidential, you need to state this in writing when making your submission.
Any person or organisation wishing to be heard in support of his/her submission, must request (within that submission) an opportunity to appear before the Director-General.
DOC comment regarding publicly notified applications
The Minister of Conservation has made no determination regarding the suitability of this proposed concession on public conservation land. This public notification should not be interpreted as an intention on the part of the Minister of Conservation to grant the proposed concession.
If a hearing is required, it is likely to occur on the week starting 6 August 2018.
Submissions on the application
- Submissions 1-50 (PDF, 7,547K)
- Submissions 51-100 (PDF, 8,139K)
- Submission 118 presentation (PDF, 7,418K)
- Submissions 101-153 (PDF, 9,533K)
Documents for Concession Application 64177-ACC:
- Covering Letter
- Additional Information
- Form 1a
- Form 1a Attachment C Background Experience
- Form 1a Attachment D Testimonials
- Form 1a Attachment E Consultation Undertaken
- Form 3b
- Form 3b Attachment A.a Concept Plans
- Form 3b Attachment A.b Wastewater Design Concept
- Form 3b Attachment A.c Geotechnical Hazards Assessment
- Form 3b Attachment H Vegetation Assessment
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format. About our files.