Nature connection seasonal slideshows
IntroductionHave fun exploring and learning outside with these engaging seasonal slideshows.
The slideshows explore native animal behaviours, patterns and changes throughout the seasons.
Students are encouraged to observe local nature and engage in sensory experiences to develop their connection to nature.
Preview of nature in winter resource | DOC
Connect with the senses and learn about how native animals survive the winter with this engaging slideshow.
- Nature in winter slideshow – English
- Nature in winter – English (PDF, 7,323K)
- Te Taiao i te takurua slideshow – Te Reo Māori
- Te Taiao i te takurua – Te Reo Māori (PDF, 7,282K)
Preview of spring nature connection resource | DOC
This nature connection slideshow is about appreciating natural beauty and creating artworks to express the wonder of nature.
- Spring nature connection slideshow – English
- Spring nature connection – English (PDF, 2,351K)
- Ngā painga o te tūhono ki te taiao o kōanga slideshow – Te Reo Māori
- Ngā painga o te tūhono ki te taiao o kōanga – Te Reo Māori (PDF, 2,349K)
Preview of summer nature exploring resource | DOC
The summer slideshow encourages students to explore which animals are living around them and to learn about native insects, birds and other animals.
Preview of autumn nature connection resource | DOC
This slideshow provides simple nature connection learning experiences in autumn, centred around wellbeing.
- Autumn nature connection slideshow – English
- Autumn nature connection – English (PDF, 3,887K)
- Ngahuru he tūhono taiao slideshow – Te Reo Māori
- Ngahuru he tūhono taiao – Te Reo Māori (PDF, 3,958K)