The Tongariro/Taupo Conservation Board performs a conservation advisory role for the Central North Island region, on behalf of the public. The board's current priorities and current issues include:
- Conservation Management Strategy monitoring
- Mount Ruapehu Crater Lake
- visitor pressures on Tongariro National Park
- concession applications
- 1080 pest control operations
- Lake Taupo water quality.
The board meets on average five times a year at various locations. Members of the public can talk to the board regarding conservation issues during the public forum agenda item each meeting. The full agenda for meetings is generally available one week before the meeting date from the board support officer.
Minutes and agendas
Note: This opens an FTP folder. If asked, use
public for both username and password. Get more FTP help.