Once a gold mining area this is now a popular picnicking and camping site.
Campers at Slab Hut Creek campground
Off SH7 on Slab Hut Creek Rd. 10 km south of Reefton. Gravel road.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1500236, N5332147
Latitude: -42.15645374, Longitude: 171.7924236
- Adult (18+ years): $8 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $4 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Pay cash on arrival at the self-registration stand at the campsite.
Know before you go
- The campsite is well drained but be prepared for West Coast downpours.
- Boil or treat water before drinking.