The campsite overlooks the mouth of Whangaruru Harbour.
Facilities and services
- Camp office hours are 7:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Camp gates and barrier arms are locked from 9:00 pm – 7:30 am
- Recycling facilities available
- Camp hosts on site from Labour Weekend to first Saturday after Easter
- Contact the campground on +64 9 433 6160
Puriri Bay, Whangaruru North lies about 30 km south-east of Russell on Northland's East Coast.
Turn off SH1, 22 km north of Whangarei onto Russell Rd. After about 30 km ( just north of Ngaiotonga) turn into Whangaruru North Rd.
- Last 2 km single lane
- Weather conditions will limit access to the grassed areas over winter
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1723562, 6085659
Latitude: -35.36473569, Longitude: 174.36010002
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Campers are required to purchase a $2.00 rubbish bag to assist with the costs associated with the disposal of rubbish and recyclable items.
Backcountry hut pass does not apply.
We recommend you make a booking during the busy summer season. Book online or contact the Puriri Bay camp office, phone: +64 9 433 6160.
Before you book:
To provide a fair and equal opportunity for all potential campers, only one site may be booked per booking session.
The availability of some sites will vary from time to time without notice.
Self-registration during off peak period.
This attractive campsite offers sheltered waters, walking, swimming and boating activities.
Know before you go
From Queens Birthday to Labour Weekend
- Grassed areas will be locked off.
- A limited number of hardstand sites are available.
- The central ablution blocks will be left open.
- Rubbish bins are closed during this period. Take your rubbish away with you.