- Communal kitchen with cookers/electric stoves
Trounson Kauri Park is located in western Northland, north of Dargaville.
Turn off SH12 just north of Kaihu onto Trounson Park Road and follow for 7 km.
Alternatively, turn off SH12 just south of Waipoua Forest on Katui Rd and follow for 8.5 km until you reach Trounson Kauri Park.
Access: Gravel from North, seal from South
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1658996, N6046743
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- Self-registration during off-peak period.
- Back-country hut pass does not apply.
The campsite is nestled right on the edge of Trounson Kauri Park where you can access an easy 40-minute walk taking you past spectacular kauri trees and clear streams.
Know before you go
- No dogs allowed in the park.
- In strong winds, be aware of falling branches.