Pelorus Bridge Campground
Facilities and services
- Hot showers (campers only)
- Wheelchair accessible kitchen, shower & toilet block.
- Communal kitchen with gas stoves. Bring your own chilly bin, BBQ, pots, pans, crockery & cutlery.
- Clothes washer & dryer.
- Public card phone onsite. Mobile phone coverage variable.
- Cafe & shop onsite open daily for coffee, homemade pies & baking, icecreams, ice, milk & bread and some camping essentials.
On SH6, 54 km from Nelson and 60 km from Blenheim.
The camp office for check-in is located beside the café. Next to the café is a short, unsealed, well-formed, narrow road to the campsite.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1647698, N5427996
Summer (1 Oct - 30 Apr)
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $7.50 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years) : free
Winter (1 May - 30 Sep)
- Adult (18+ years): $12 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $6 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
NZMCA / DOC campsite pass cannot be used at this campsite.
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
Pelorus River and bridge
Bookings essential over holidays and long weekends.
Book Pelorus Bridge Campground online
Pelorus Bridge Campground
Phone +64 3 571 6019
Bookings are recommended to be made online, a fee applies to any bookings done by phone.
Before you book:
- Ensure your whole group is booked in to ensure there is enough space for you.
Know before you go
We aim to provide a traditional New Zealand camping experience. Te ensure you and other campers enjoy your stay, be considerate of others and be aware of the rules below.
- All campers must report to the office on arrival.
- No pets, (cats, dogs, birds).
- Site allocation is at the discretion of the camp managers who will inform you of your site allocation.
- Office hours 8:00 am to 8:00 pm from Labour Weekend to Easter, and to 6:00 pm between Easter and Labour Weekend. If you plan to arrive outside these hours you must contact the office first.
- All groups must include a responsible adult 18 years or over.
- All caravans and campervans that require power must have a current Electrical Warrant of Fitness (WOF) which will be checked on arrival. If your Electrical WOF is not current you won’t be allowed to connect to power.
- No fires, chainsaws, generators or compressors under any circumstance.
- Unacceptable conduct (eg, nudity, violence, excessive noise) and/or behavior deemed to be publicly offensive will result in immediate removal of those concerned with no refund given.
- Music players must be used with headphones or played at a level not audible to the neighbouring campsite.
- The camp is expected to be quiet between 9:30 pm and 6:30 am.
- Vehicles and trailers must not be left on adjoining sites. A $25 fee will be charged if trailers or vehicles need to be removed.
- Day visitors must leave their vehicles in the car park by the café and walk to the campground.
- In periods of heavy rainfall the campsite is prone to flooding and you may be asked to evacuate. A flood warning system is in place.