Download the resource
Observing a royal albatross/toroa (PDF, 625K)
About the activities
Activity 1: Learning observation skills using the DOC ‘Royal cam’
- Students are learning to make observations and inferences to describe royal albatross features.
Activity 2: Learning about the life cycle of the royal albatross/toroa using royal cam live footage
- Students are learning to make observations and inferences about the life cycle of the royal albatross.
- Nature of science: Investigating in science – ask questions, find evidence, explore simple models and carry out investigations to develop simple explanations.
- Living world: Ecology – recognise that living things are suited to their particular habitats.
- Living world: Life processes – recognise that there are life processes common to all living things and that these occur in different ways .
- Gather and interpret data.
- Interpret representations.
- Engage with science.
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format. About our files.