Statutory bodies serviced by DOC:
- New Zealand Conservation Authority
- Conservation boards
- Nature Heritage Fund Committee
- Nga Whenua Rahui Komiti
- Guardians of lakes Manapouri, Monowai and Te Anau
- Guardians of Lake Wanaka
- Titi (Muttonbird) Islands Komiti
- Taupo Fishery Advisory Committee
- Some reserve boards established under the Reserves Act and Marine Reserves Act.
Statutory bodies not serviced by DOC:
These have their own staff. The Director-General of Conservation can attend and speak at meetings.
- QEII National Trust
- Game Animal Council
- NZ Fish & Game Council
- 12 regional fish and game councils.