Water, wetlands, and life – inseparable is the theme for World Wetlands Day 2021.
This theme highlights the contribution of wetlands to the quantity and quality of freshwater on our planet. Water and wetlands are connected in an inseparable co-existence that is vital to life, our wellbeing and the health of our planet.
Show you care by getting involved in World Wetlands Day. You could:
- have a family picnic beside a lake or river
- explore the waterway by kayak
- organise a community walk, bike or run for wetlands
- join a guided walk by an expert on wetland plants or birds
- attend a workshop or talk, for example, on flax weaving
There are lots of possibilities.