A Manaaki Trail is a hosted journey that provides hospitality for visitors in a way that is easy to access, comfortable, fun and safe. It gives them a unique and special experience in the outdoors.
Manaaki Trails are -
- 2-4 day guided walks on some of New Zealand's most special tracks
- Hosted by guides with expert local knowledge
- Located within easy access of transport hubs and tourist routes
- Require no navigation skills, tramping experience or specialist equipment
- Easy to book and pay for
- Have conservation legacies so you know you're helping our environment
- Operated by Qualmark licence holders - New Zealand tourism's official mark of quality
Manaaki is a core Māori value that means to support, give hospitality to, protect, look out for and take care of our manuhiri (visitors). It is this value that underpins Manaaki Trails.