About this lodge
Situated right at the entrance to the popular Catchpool Valley, on the Coast Road, the house over looks farmland and bush and is adjacent to the Catchpool caretaker’s quarters, office and workshop.
It is approximately 10 minutes drive from the start of the Catchpool and Orongorongo Valley walking and tramping tracks.
Hire the conference centre for functions during your stay.
- Sleeps up to 13 in 3 bedrooms plus sofa bed in lounge
- bedroom 1: 2 bunks (sleeps 4)
- bedroom 2: 1 double bed with single bunk above, 1 single bed (sleeps 4)
- bedroom 3: 1 double bed with single bunk above (sleeps 3)
- lounge: 1 double sofa bed (sleeps 2)
- Mattresses and pillows supplied
- Electric lighting
- Fully equipped kitchen – electric stove/oven, full size fridge/freezer
- Microwave, kettle, toaster
- Pots, pans cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Infinity gas hot water
- Bathroom – with bath and handbasin
- Separate hot shower
- Flush toilet
- Heat pump in dining/lounge area
- Double laundry tub (no washing machine or dryer)
- Bike storage (bring own cables/locks)
- Sunny deck
- Grassed areas
- Cleaning materials, toilet paper supplied
What to bring
- Bedding and linen is not supplied – bring your own sheets, pillow cases, blankets, sleeping bags, towels and tea towels.
- If storing bikes, bring your own cables or bike locks.
Catchpool valley is 12 km south of Wainuiomata. Follow the Coast Road for 10 km - the cabin is 20 m before the Remutaka Forest Park entrance.
Sole occupancy for entire cabin: $200 per night for up to 13 persons.
Bookings are open for stays from 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021.
Bookings are required all year.
Book Coast Road Cabin online.
A $10 service fee applies to all phone, email and in-person bookings.
Know before you go
- No additional camping is allowed in the proximity of the lodge. Camping is available at Catchpool Campground approximately 2.5 km/10 min drive away.
- Access to accommodation is by a keypad lock. Phone the Wellington Visitor Centre to get the latest door code 7 days prior to your arrival.
- There is no mobile reception or phone at the cabin – some mobile reception on Coast Road.
- A 24 hour emergency phone is located at the education centre, 5 min drive away.
- Fires not permitted at any time.
- Dogs are not allowed inside any DOC hut or lodge.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times as there are kiwi in the park - see dog access in Remutaka Forest Park.
- Leave the house clean and tidy (cleaning materials are provided).
- Take all your rubbish/recycling with you.
- Smoking is not allowed the house. Dispose of cigarette butts safely if smoking outside.