About this lodge
Hire the conference centre for functions during your stay.
- Sleeps up to 13 in 3 bedrooms plus sofa bed in lounge
- bedroom 1: 2 bunks (sleeps 4)
- bedroom 2: 1 double bed with single bunk above, 1 single bed (sleeps 4)
- bedroom 3: 1 double bed with single bunk above (sleeps 3)
- lounge: 1 double sofa bed (sleeps 2)
- Mattresses and pillows supplied
- Electric lighting
- Fully equipped kitchen – electric stove/oven, full size fridge/freezer
- Microwave, kettle, toaster
- Pots, pans cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Infinity gas hot water
- Bathroom – with bath and handbasin
- Separate hot shower
- Flush toilet
- Heat pump in dining/lounge area
- Double laundry tub (no washing machine or dryer)
- Bike storage (bring own cables/locks)
- Sunny deck
- Grassed areas
- Cleaning materials, toilet paper supplied
What to bring
- Bedding and linen is not supplied – bring your own sheets, pillow cases, blankets, sleeping bags, towels and tea towels.
- If storing bikes, bring your own cables or bike locks.
Catchpool valley is 12 km south of Wainuiomata. Follow the Coast Road for 10 km - the cabin is 20 m before the Remutaka Forest Park entrance.
Sole occupancy for entire cabin: $200 per night for up to 13 persons.
Book Coast Road Cabin online or contact Kapiti Wellington Visitor Centre.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Cancellations must be made at least 10 days before the original occupancy date and within 48 hours of making the booking, otherwise a cancellation fee applies.
- Transfers are not able to be made less than or equal to 2 days before the first night of stay.
Know before you go
- No additional camping is allowed in the proximity of the lodge. Camping is available at Catchpool Campground approximately 2.5 km/10 mins drive away
- Access to accommodation is by a keypad lock. Phone the Wellington Visitor Centre to get the latest door code 7 days prior to your arrival
- There is no mobile reception or phone at the cabin – some mobile reception on Coast Road.
- A 24 hour emergency phone is located at the education centre, 5 minutes’ drive away
- Fires not permitted at any time
- Dogs are not allowed inside any DOC hut or lodge
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times as there are kiwi in the park - dog access in Remutaka Forest Park has more information
- Leave the house clean and tidy (cleaning materials are provided)
- Take all your rubbish/recycling with you
- Check out time is 12 pm, check in time is 2 pm
- Smoking is not allowed the house. Dispose of cigarette butts safely if smoking outside