Download the adventure map (PDF, 1,743K) and check out what you can do.
Go and explore
Look out for the Guardian Post when you get there. On it you'll find a special code word – write it down.
Getting there: Orokonui Ecosanctuary is at the top of Blueskin Road, 25 minutes by car from Dunedin City centre via either SH1or SH88.
Address: 600 Blueskin Road, Waitati, Dunedin.
Claim your reward
Tell us the Orokonui Ecosanctuary code word to receive a Kiwi Guardians certificate and medal for this adventure.
Put the medal on your back pack or pencil case to show everyone the adventure you've had.
Each Kiwi Guardians place has a different medal - see how many you can collect.
About Orokonui Ecosanctuary
- The ecosanctuary and visitor center is open daily 9.30am - 4.30pm.
- There is a charge to get into the ecosanctuary.
- Upon arrival tell the visitor center staff that you are taking part in Kiwi Guardians and you will receive a 10% discount.
- There is plenty of accessible car parking space.
- The visitor center has toilets, a café, a gift shop and interactive interpretation.
- There are a range of walking tracks with guided tours and self-guided walking available.
Find out entry fees and other information on the Orokonui Ecosanctuary website.
The ecosanctuary is overseen and managed by the Otago Natural History Trust.