Download the adventure map (PDF, 633K) and check out what you can do.
Know before you go
- Take extreme care around the ocean and clifftops as this area can be highly dangerous.
- Check weather forecasts before starting.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- 4 km return walk there and back. Approximately 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Moderately difficult gravel and dirt track with some uphill sections.
- No dogs allowed.
What to bring
Go and explore
Look out for the Guardian Post when you get there. On it you'll find a special code word - write it down.
Te Henga / Bethells Beach is 37 km from central Auckland, on the west coast. From here the Te Henga walkway track is signposted near a bridge 1 km before the end of Bethells Rd, opposite Lake Wainamu carpark.
Claim your reward
Tell us the Te Henga code word to receive a Kiwi Guardians certificate and medal for this adventure.
Put the medal on your back pack or pencil case to show everyone the adventure you've had.
Each Kiwi Guardians place has a different medal - see how many you can collect.