Download the adventure map (PDF, 862K) and check out what you can do.
Go and explore
Look out for the Guardian Post when you get there. On it you'll find a special code word - write it down.
Getting there: Lawyers Head is approx. 6 km from Dunedin city centre, at the end of John Wilson Ocean Drive. It's on several St Kilda bus routes.
Claim your reward
Tell us the Lawyers Head code word to receive a Kiwi Guardians certificate and medal for this adventure.
Put the medal on your back pack or pencil case to show everyone the adventure you've had.
Each Kiwi Guardians place has a different medal - see how many you can collect.
About Lawyer's Head
- John Wilson Ocean Drive is open to vehicles daily from 11 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- You'll need to be there at low tide to explore the rock pools − check the Port Chalmers tides.
- Parking is available next to the track leading to the beach.
- Toilets are at Marlow Park (Dinosaur Park) at the start of John Wilson Ocean Drive.
- Dogs are allowed on John Wilson Ocean Drive and the beach. Be sure they are under control at all times and use a lead if there is wildlife on the beach.
Lawyers Head is managed by the Dunedin City Council.
- Southern New Zealand rocky shore guide − to identify what's in the rock pools.