Kiwi Guardians at Smugglers Bay Loop Track
IntroductionWith coastal forest, spectacular views and WWII gun emplacements as well - there is plenty to see on this short, easy walk.
Adventure time: 1 hr 30 min
Distance: 3 km loop
Travel: 33.5 km from Whangārei
In warmer weather, bring your togs for a swim.
- Experience pōhutukawa coastal forest.
- Visit WWII gun emplacements.
- Listen to native birds.
- Explore rock pools.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Smugglers Bay Loop Track. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the Smugglers Bay Loop Track adventure map (PDF, 1,936K)
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.