Make sure you clean your shoes and keep off kauri roots.
- Discover the largest remaining area of native bush in the Whangārei area.
- Home to North Island brown kiwi, longtail bats, white ruru, king ferns, giant tōtara, kauri, kahikatea and many other native flora and fauna.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Pukenui Forest (this adventure is on the Pukenui Forest Loop). Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map (PDF, 80K)
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.