Kiwi Guardians at Pohuehue Scenic Reserve
IntroductionTreat yourself to an escape from the city and step into this native slice of paradise. A perfect stop to stretch the legs and get some fresh air if you're heading away with the family.
Adventure time: 45 min
Distance: 1 km return
Travel: 66 km north of Auckland
- Go on the Waterfall Track along the stream and up to the magical Pohuehue waterfall.
- Discover all sorts of wonderful native birds, trees and plants here.
- Take in the amazing views from the viewing platform.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Pohuehue Scenic Reserve. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the map – English (PDF, 3,790K) | Te Reo adventure map (PDF, 276K)
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.