Download the map to check out what you can do:
Know before you go
- 2 km loop walk that takes approximately 1 hour total.
- Easy gravel and grass walking track with some areas of moderate incline.
- Swimming possible at high tide. Check park map for more information.
- Dogs are allowed in certain areas of the park, check the park website and map (links below) for dog walking restrictions.
What to bring
Go and explore
Look out for the Guardian Post when you get there. On it you’ll find a special code word – write it down, but don’t share it (we don’t want to spoil everyone else’s adventure).
- Turn off State Highway 1 at Highbrook Drive and veer left.
- Continue into Allens Road and turn left at Te Irirangi Drive.
- Turn right into Ti Rakau Drive at Botany Town Centre then left into Chapel Road.
- Turn right at the next roundabout (1.6 km) onto Whitford Road.
- Travel straight through the next two roundabouts (5.6 km).
- Continue through Whitford roundabout and follow Whitford Maraetai road (10 km). The park is on the left just before you enter the township.
Claim your reward
Tell us the Omana Regional Park code word to receive a Kiwi Guardians certificate and medal for this adventure.
Put the medal on your back pack or pencil case to show everyone the adventure you've had.
Each Kiwi Guardians place has a different medal - see how many you can collect.