- You’ll feel a world away from Auckland on Kawau Island. It’s the perfect day trip or an easy getaway if you're north of Auckland on holiday.
- Set your imagination alight as you step back 150 years into the life of Sir George Grey’s Mansion House.
- Keep your eyes peeled – Grey bought all sorts of weird and wonderful animals here such as the kiwi-lookalike weka, exotic peacocks and even wallabies from Australia.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Kawau Island Historic Reserve. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map (PDF, 525K).
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.