Kiwi Guardians at Ambury Regional Park
IntroductionThis beautiful regional park has everything you need for an awesome family adventure. Discover farm animals to meet, fascinating volcanic history, heaps of bird life and beautiful views over the Manukau Harbour. The best part is this park is right in the heart of Auckland.
Adventure time: 1 hr 30 min
Distance: 5 km loop
Travel: 15 km from central Auckland
Don't forget to pack a picnic.
- Meet and learn about the local pigs, chickens, horses, sheep and cows that call this park home.
- Explore the insect garden, spy on birds from the bird hide and check out the beehives.
- Take a relaxing scenic walk around the foreshore and then enjoy the great facilities here, perfect for a picnic after your adventure.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Ambury Park. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map (PDF, 647K).
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.