About this hut
- Bunks – mattresses provided
- Containment tank toilet a short walk from the hut
- Cold running water from a rainwater tank
- Fireplace with wood supplied
There are two ways to get to Waiaua Gorge Hut:
- It can be reach from the Around the Mountain Circuit.
- From Ihaia Road on the Ihaia Track. This is 5.9 km from Ihaia Road and takes around 2 hours 30 minutes one way to the hut.
NZTopo50 map sheet: BJ29
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1686336, N5646548
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Youth (11 - 17 years): $7.50 per night
- Child/Infant: (0 - 10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Serviced Hut Ticket (green for adults, orange for youth) or 3 Standard Hut Tickets (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put these in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass for unlimited use at most Serviced and Standard huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
Read more about hut tickets and passes | Find retailers that sell hut tickets