North Egmont area
Located in Egmont National Park in the Taranaki region
IntroductionExplore Egmont National Park from the North Egmont roadend.
Just a 30 minute drive from New Plymouth, the North Egmont Roadend has:
- Lush native forest and stunning views
- A variety of walking opportunities
- The Taranaki / Egmont National Park Visitor Centre with comprehensive displays, a retail area, and DOC staff to help with track information and weather updates.
Find things to do and places to stay North Egmont area
The roadend is at the top of Egmont Road, 29 km from New Plymouth. The road winds for 6 km through dense podocarp/broadleaf rainforest, with large rimu and rata trees on the lower slopes of the mountain. It climbs steeply through the wetter and cooler montane forest with kamahi, mosses, liverworts and ferns.
- No dogs are allowed in this area.
- Mt Taranaki has changeable and unpredictable weather. Check the forecast and carry clothing and equipment to ensure you are able to cope with any type of weather.
|Egmont National Park Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 6 756 0990|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
2879 Egmont Rd
Egmont National Park
PO Box 462
New Plymouth 4340
|Full office details|