Whakatipu-wai-Māori/Queenstown Visitor Centre
IntroductionTo find out about day and multi-day walks, camping and biking visit DOC in the centre of Queenstown.
Get local outdoor knowledge on Queenstown and nearby Glenorchy, Arrowtown and Mount Aspiring National Park, and regional advice on the lower South Island.
Our experienced team will point you to the must-do outdoor activities or find alternatives to get off the beaten track.
Check if a DOC visitor centre is open
Call before visiting as some visitor centres may have to physically close due to staff shortages.
See us for:
- walking and bike track advice
- campsites and huts
- safety in the outdoors, weather forecasts, track conditions
- Routeburn Track check-in
- hut tickets and passes
- outdoor equipment neccessities
- fifts and souvenirs.
View our displays on:
- outdoor safety
- Ngāi Tahu history and stories
- flora and fauna
- gold mining history
Where to find us
Follow SH6A, the main road into central Queenstown.
- November to April: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm daily
- May to October: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Saturday, closed Sunday
- Anzac Day 25 April: 1 pm – 4:30 pm
- Open on public holidays, except Christmas Day