- No open fires permitted in the camp or in the reserve.
- Use only gas or liquid fuelled cookers.
- DOC Northland enforces the 3-metre rule between groups/family/parties (i.e. groups not individual tents) to reduce possible fire spread.
- Wind barriers/surrounds are acceptable within a group but should not be used to link groups as the risk of fire spread is too great.
- Fireworks and sky lanterns are absolutely banned.
- The speed limit within the camp is 10 km/h.
- Vehicles are not to be used for internal camp transportation.
- Please refrain from driving ehicles on grass unnecessarily.
- No chainsaws, generators or compressors are allowed in the reserve.
- Be considerate of other campsite users.
- Keep noise levels down especially between 10 pm and 7 am.
- 'Take in – Take out' rubbish policy is in place.
- Conduct of any person(s), which is considered to be unacceptable, e.g. nudity, violence, excessive noise, etc. will result with the immediate removal of those concerned.
- No recycling facilities are provided at this camp. Please use facilities in Kaitaia.
- There is no water supply at Reatea North Side campsite. Please bring water with you.
- No dogs or other domestic animals are permitted in the camp or on the reserve except registered guide dogs. This includes cats in campervans and caged birds.
- All vegetation within the reserve is protected.
- Please do not dump rubbish around camp vegetation as scraps attract vermin.
- Unoccupied tents may not be pitched to secure specific sites or groups of sites.