Note: There are some low tide crossings along the Abel Tasman Coast Track.
Do not cross when it's not low tide as it's dangerous.
Where you need to do tide crossings
Torrent Bay Estuary
- This can be crossed 2 hours on either side of low tide, under normal conditions.
- There is a high tide track around the estuary. This gives access to Cleopatra’s Pool.
There is also an all-tide track that you can use.
- You can cross Awaroa Inlet within 1 hour 30 minutes before and 2 hours after low tide. Although this can be affected by natural influences such as tide heights, storm surges, and heavy rainfall.
- Only cross the inlet in daylight when it's safe.
- Allow 25 minutes to cross.
- No alternative track around the estuary.
- There is a section of the access to the beach that is cut at large tides.
- Wait until the tide recedes before continuing.
Download the low tide timetables
View as tables