About this lodge
Robson's Lodge is one of the few buildings that remains in a once-thriving farming area. Read about Robson's Lodge heritage
- Sleeps 14 in 2 bunkrooms and 1 bedroom
- Simple kitchen with wood range
- Wood heating in the main lounge
- Hot water supplied by LPG califont
- Bathroom with 2 showers
- Flush toilet
- Laundry tub
- Facility available to plug in your own generator for lighting
You need to bring
- Cooking equipment: pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Sleeping bags/bedding and pillows
- Firewood for wood range in kitchen and free standing fire in lounge/dining area
- If you don't have a generator: supply your own lighting
No candles are permitted.
- All water for Robson's Lodge is tank water.
- Be conscious of water conservation during your stay.
- We recommend that you boil, filter or treat your drinking water.
Robson’s Lodge is located approx 75 km from either Napier or Taihape in the southern Kaweka Forest Park at Kuripapango.
From Napier follow the Napier-Taihape Road to Kuripapango and turn left just before the bridge over the Ngaruroro River into the DOC office. Robson’s Lodge is situated approximately 500 m past the field base.
$80.00 per night (sole occupancy).
Book Robson's Lodge online, or contact Ahuriri / Napier Office.
The lodge is close to activites such as (day) walks, fishing, tramping, hunting and rafting.
Heritage site seeing
Enjoy the rich history of Robson's Lodge.
Know before you go
- No pets permitted.
- No access to Pan Pac Forests due to logging operations, including hunting and walking on Charlie Brown and Lumsden Roads.
- Check in after 11 am.
- Check out before 10 am.
- Leave the lodge clean and take your rubbish away with you, otherwise penalty fees may apply.
Key to gate and lodge
- Collect from the DOC office at 59 Marine Parade, Napier.
- Return key within three days after your stay, otherwise charges will apply.