IntroductionThis historic homestead, built in 1908, is superbly sited on a small hill with views over Kuripapango and is available for hire by schools, clubs or family groups.
- Heating - wood
- Kitchen - basic
- Shower - hot
- Toilet - flush
- Walking and tramping
Robson's Lodge is one of the few buildings that remains in a once-thriving farming area. Read about Robson's Lodge heritage
- Sleeps 14 in 2 bunkrooms and 1 bedroom
- Simple kitchen with wood range
- Wood heating in the main lounge
- Hot water supplied by LPG califont
- Bathroom with 2 showers
- Flush toilet
- Laundry tub
- Facility available to plug in your own generator for lighting
You need to bring
- Cooking equipment: pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Sleeping bags/bedding and pillows
- Firewood for wood range in kitchen and free standing fire in lounge/dining area
- If you don't have a generator: supply your own lighting
No candles are permitted.
- All water for Robson's Lodge is tank water.
- Be conscious of water conservation during your stay.
- We recommend that you boil, filter or treat your drinking water.
The fees are per night for up to 14 people
Weekday: $90 per night
Weekend (Friday or Saturday night): $108 per night
Bookings are open for stays up to 30 June 2023.
Bookings for 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024 will open in 2023. The opening date will be announced on this page in late March 2023.
All bookings operate on a first-come first-served basis. We do not operate waiting lists for bookings for future seasons, or currently booked-out facilities.
Bookings are required all year.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
Robson’s Lodge is located approx 75 km from either Napier or Taihape in the southern Kaweka Forest Park at Kuripapango.
From Napier follow the Napier-Taihape Road to Kuripapango and turn left just before the bridge over the Ngaruroro River into the DOC office. Robson’s Lodge is situated approximately 500 m past the field base.
- No pets permitted.
- No access to Pan Pac Forests due to logging operations, including hunting and walking on Charlie Brown and Lumsden Roads.
- Check in after 11 am.
- Check out before 10 am.
- Leave the lodge clean and take your rubbish away with you, otherwise penalty fees may apply.
Key to gate and lodge
- Collect from the DOC office at 59 Marine Parade, Napier.
- Return key within three days after your stay, otherwise charges will apply.
The lodge is close to activites such as (day) walks, fishing, tramping, hunting and rafting.