Mōrere Hot Springs under traffic light settings
Open Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday only.
Prices have been reduced: Adult $12, Child $6
The outdoor large cold pool and toddler pool are closed. Only the indoor pool, private pools and Nikau pools are operating.
The Mōrere Hot Springs are a rare example of natural salt water hot springs. They produce 250,000 L per day of hot, mineral-rich sea water, which has long been sought after for its therapeutic and curative properties.
The water emerges from a fractured fault that crosses the Mangakawa valley, 300 metres upstream from the Nikau Pools and is piped to a variety of public and private pools set amongst native rain forest.
There are three pool options:
- large open, and
- Nikau pools with a variety of temperatures.
There is also a large cold pool supplied by water from the stream which is perfect for hot summer days after a bush walk.
Pool and track hours
Open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: 10 am to 5:45 pm
All other days we are closed.
Nikau Pools close at 4:45 pm and the entire complex closes at 5:45 pm. Last admission is at 5:15 pm.
Public Holiday hours
- Closed on Christmas Day.
- Closes at 2 pm on Christmas Eve.
- Open all other Public Holidays, except when it falls on a day where we are usually closed (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).
You may need to log in to a Facebook account if using a mobile browser.
- Adult (16 years +): $16
- Child (5–15 years): $8
- Toddler – $4
- Gold Card (65 years +): $14
- Adult private: $20 per person – minimum of two people required.
- Adult child (12–15 years): $14 – 14 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- There are no lifeguards on duty.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot/warm pools.
- All children 12 years and under must be supervised by an adult.
Mōrere Springs Scenic Reserve is on SH2, 40 km north-east of Wairoa, 52 km south of Gisborne and 15 km north of Nuhaka.
Mōrere Hot Pools
Phone: +64 06 837 8856
Address: 3968 State Highway 2, Morere 4078