Bach 78 has the following facilities:
- two bedrooms - sleeps 6 people (2 bunks and 2 single beds, with pillows)
- basic kitchen, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery supplied
- gas cooker
- chilly bin
- solar lighting
- solar shower
- chemical toilet.
Bach 78 is located at Islington Bay near the wharf, on the eastern side of Rangitoto Island. It is a 1 hr 30 min walk from Rangitoto Wharf.
Access is by water taxi, ferry, private boat or kayak.
- $120 per week night (sole occupancy) for 4 people and $10 per extra person.
- $150 per night in the weekend and public holidays (sole occupancy) for 4 people and $10 per extra person.
Bookings are essential. Book this bach online at Bookabach – reference number 42416.
Know before you go
- Rangitoto Island is pest free – no pets are allowed.
- There are no shops on Rangitoto Island.
- Mobile coverage is limited at Islington Bay.
- Travel details must be arranged separately with water taxi, ferry operator, etc.
- There is no hot running water at the bach.
- No smoking is permitted in the bach.
All visitors staying on the island must complete and bring the biosecurity checklist.
What to bring
Ensure you bring the following items for your stay in the bach:
- sleeping bag, sheet, pillowcase
- drink bottle
- food for your stay
- clothing for warm and cold/wet weather, including sunhat, swimming gear, warm hat, raincoat, overtrousers
- tramping boots or other sturdy shoes
- sunscreen and insect repellent
- completed biosecurity checklist.