Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
Auckland Council manages some areas where you can exercise your dog in the Hauraki Gulf.
Dogs are not allowed on the DOC managed islands and reserves in the Hauraki Gulf. This is to ensure that the endangered wildlife on the islands is protected eg. kiwi, takahe, shorebirds.
- North Head Historic Reserve
- Fort Takapuna Historic & Recreation Reserves
- Long Bay-Okura Marine Reserve – beach adjacent to Long Bay Regional Park only, with restrictions. Dogs are not allowed at any time on the Okura Bush Walkway.
- Maioro Sands Marginal Strip
- Kaipara Harbour Crown foreshore adjacent to Okahukura Peninsula
- Tauhoa River Marginal Strip and adjacent foreshore
- Tauhoa Stewardship Area and adjacent foreshore
- Te Pahi Stewardship Area
- Hamatanga Marginal Strip (before 9:00 am and after 7:00 pm from Labour Weekend to the end of daylight savings)
- Karaka Point Marginal Strip
- Muriwai Beach Marginal Strip and adjacent foreshore
- Rangitira Marginal Strip and adjacent foreshore
- Ti Point Marginal Strip
- Torkington Bay Marginal Strip
- Araparera River Marginal Strip
- Makarau Marginal Strip
- Slipper Lake Marginal Strip (in May and June for recreational duck hunting season)
- Spectacle Lake Marginal Strip (in May and June for recreational duck hunting season)