Read about the history, fabric and cultural aspects of Whangarei’s WWII defences within Bream Head Scenic Reserve, an actively managed historic site, as well as management recommendations.
Read a historic heritage assessment including history and fabric description of Whangarei’s WWII defences within Bream Head Scenic Reserve, an actively managed historic site. The assessment also includes cultural connections, national context sources, historic significance, fabric significance, cultural significance and management recommendations.
- Site overview
- History description: gun battery
- History description: radar station
- Fabric description: gun batter
- Fabric description: radar station
- Fabric description: gun emplacement
- National context
- Management history
- Management recommendations
- Sources consulted
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format.
About our files
Published by Department of Conservation