Sixteen more Hawke’s Bay environment groups signed onto the Nature Space website at its regional launch last week.
“The adopting of the web portal by these groups is a positive step to connecting groups and growing conservation,” says Joyce-Anne Raihania, DOC Conservation Partnerships Manager in Hawke’s Bay.
The Nature Space portal gives volunteer and private groups an opportunity to connect online to share knowledge and resources.
The public can use it to find out about local environmental projects, join an organisation or volunteer to help out with their work. Additional enhancements for the website are lined up for next year.
The Hawke’s Bay groups listed on Nature Space include:
- Ahuriri Estuary Restoration Group (WETlink group)
- Ahuriri Nursery
- Cape Sanctuary
- Forest Lifeforce Restoration Trust
- Friends of A’Deane’s Bush
- Guthrie Smith Trust
- Karamu Enhancement Group (KEG)
- Lake Runanga Restoration
- Poutiri Ao ō Tāne
- Rotary Club of Taradale- Dolbel/Helliwell Group
- Whangawehi Catchment Management Group.