Date: 02 October 2009
Over winter the amenity blocks at the Peel Forest Campground, at Peel Forest northwest of Geraldine, have been given a $300,000 facelift.
This is the first of a two-stage infrastructure upgrade and includes new;
- solar and gas boosted hot water systems
- accessible toilet and shower rooms
- roofing and skylights
- insulated and lined ceilings
- an additional kitchen and dining area
- concrete floor sealing
- shower enclosures and water saving shower heads, timers, taps and cisterns
- powerboards, sockets and fluorescent lights
- mirrors and hand-dryers; and
- painted inside and out.
In addition, a new double garage replaces the old shelter and lean-to store, to improve rubbish collection and other maintenance management.
The second stage, intended to be implemented by the end of June 2010, is a $230,000 upgrade of the water supply and wastewater disposal systems.
The campground re-opened to the public on Thursday 1 October 2009. For further information and to make bookings please contact Ian Walker at the Peel Forest Store on +64 3 696 3567.