Over the month of April we are celebrating Takahē Awareness Month with giveaways to six sanctuaries around New Zealand where you can meet a takahē.
There are ten family passes up for grabs, to use at one of the following sanctuaries:
- Auckland Zoo
- Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari
- Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre
- Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
- Orokonui Ecosanctuary
How to enter
Who can enter
You must be:
- a legal resident of New Zealand
You cannot be:
- an employee of the Department of Conservation, or a prize sponsor
- an immediate family member of an employee of the Department of Conservation or a prize sponsor
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open from 1–30 April 2021.
- Entry is on the competition Facebook post. To enter you must “Like” the post and answer the question asked in the section.
- Winner will be notified by a reply to their comment left and a private message to the Facebook account used to enter.
- All prizes are non-transferable
- The prize is a single use “family pass” to one of six sanctuary sites across New Zealand. Each family pass has a 12 month use by date. The winner can choose the sanctuary that is most convenient to them. Included sanctuaries are listed on this page.
- Family passes also have their own conditions as determined by the Sanctuary they are from.
- Only open to residents of New Zealand.
- The Department of Conservation will not accept responsibility for any late submissions, any entries that are not received or any entries or files that are corrupt, damaged, lost or inaccessible.
- By participating in the competition, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions, including all eligibility requirements. You also accept that all decisions made by the Department of Conservation are final and binding in all matters relating to the contest.
- The Department of Conservation reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time, for any reason and without prior notification.
- By entering this competition, you agree that you have the consent of any people who are clearly identifiable in your entry.
- By entering, each entrant warrants that their entry is original and that their submission does not or will not infringe any third party's intellectual property.
- The Department of Conservation may collect your personal information (name and contact details) for the purpose of administering and processing the competition only.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.