This Conservation Week 'zoom in' on what has been in front of you the whole time and see nature through new eyes in Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Take a photo with your camera or smartphone of an animal, plant or landscape and enter into our competition to win a print or puzzle of your image.
Who could enter
Children and adults who live in the Eastern Bay of Plenty area can enter.
There are four categories to enter, one of which is restricted 5 - 13 years old.
What they could win
One winner will be selected from each nature category to receive their image printed and framed in A3.
The winner of the 5 - 13yrs children's category will receive their image printed onto a puzzle.
How they entered
Participants took a nature picture of an animal, plant or landscape to enter for one of the following categories:
- Children's pictures (aged 5 - 13yrs)
Terms and conditions
- The competition closes at 21:00 pm Sunday 23 August 2020. We will accept no entries outside of these times and dates.
- You must submit your entry by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org as a digital copy.
- You can enter up to 2 pieces of artwork.
- Entrants must live in the Eastern Bay of Plenty region.
- Entries must include their full name, contact details and postal address for the prize to be sent to.
- The entrant must be the original author of the work entered as described in the Copyright Act 1994. Any attempt at plagiarism will cause immediate disqualification.
- By entering, entrants give permission to DOC to use any materials submitted for the competition for social media, website and other promotional purposes. We will endeavour to discuss any such promotions with the author before publishing.
- If the organisers cannot open or upload the entries submitted because of technical errors caused by file quality or if the file is damaged, the organiser reserves the right not to include the entries in the competition. We will enter into no correspondence with the entrant.
- Entrants agree to be contacted by the organisers regarding this competition.
- The judges' decision is final and we will enter into no correspondence.
- The prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- If for any reason this competition cannot run as planned because of any cause beyond the control of the organiser which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promotion may be discontinued at the discretion of the organiser. The organiser accepts no responsibility for such an event.
- The organiser and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) claimed or sustained, because of taking part in this competition except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The entrant's consent to these Terms and Conditions is through their submission of their artwork to the above-stated email address.