Let’s learn what lives around us so we can look after it better. Join the Neighbourhood Nature Nosey and discover what’s in your neighbourhood by posting photos of plants, animals and fungi to get them identified by experts.
This competition is part of a week-long event to observe as many species as possible. Anyone can join, but those aged 15 and under will be in to win some cool prizes!
With the support of iNaturalist NZ – Mātaki Taiao.
Who can enter
Canterbury residents aged 15 and under.
How to enter
- Download the iNaturalist app.
- Sign on to the Neighbourhood Nature Nosey 2019: Canterbury project.
- Take photos of the living things around you during Conservation Week, eg plants, birds, insects
- Upload them to iNaturalist before the end of the week. They will automatically be loaded to the project page. Remember to write ‘Big Nosey’ in your notes for each observation.
Top observers aged 15 or under in the Canterbury region can win one of the following:
- A family pass (2 adults and 2 kids) from Black Cat Cruises to travel by ferry to Ōtamahua/Quail Island for a free night stay at DOC's Ōtamahua hut.
- A backcountry hut pass, so you can stay in as many huts as you want for a year.
Winners will be determined by the number of quality observations as determined by the iNaturalist NZ – Mātaki Taiao team. All decisions are final. Winners will be notified via the iNaturalist app.