Have fun colouring them in and learn about keeping wildlife safe. To enter all you need is to complete a downloadable colouring sheet and send us your entry before 23 September 2020.
Who can enter
Children between school years 0 - 13 within the Bay of Plenty.
We will notify your school if you win a prize.
What you could win
The winner will get a family pass (2 adults 2 children) for a marine wildlife boat trip with a SMART operator in Tauranga.
There will also be a number of runner-up prizes such as books to learn more about marine life.
How to enter
Step 1: Complete the colouring challenge
To submit your entry, download and colour in Oscar the sea lion. In the bottom corner, include your name, year and school (or the contact details of a parent or caregiver if home-schooled).
You can print the page or colour it in digitally. It's up to you!
Step 2: Send it to us
Email a scanned copy of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post it to:
Oscar the Seal Competition
Dept of Conservation
PO Box 9003
Submissions close 23 September 2020.
Announcing the winner
The panel of judges from DOCs Tauranga’s region marine team will choose the winning entries.
We’ll notify winners by email or by contacting their school, parent or caregiver no later than 1 October 2020.
Terms and conditions
- The competition opens 9:00 am Monday 10 August 2020 and closes at 15:00 pm 23 September 2020. We will accept no entries outside of these times and dates.
- You must submit your entry on a completed entry form and emailed to email@example.com a scanned PDF file. Files can be no larger than 5mb.
- You can enter up to 5 times.
- Entrants must study at a school or at home within in the Bay of Plenty.
- Entrants must be comfortable to go on a dolphin safari boat trip with 1 other child and 2 adults.
- Entries must include their full name, their class year and school. If not attending a school in the area, homeschooling parents or caregivers can be contacted instead.
- By entering, entrants give permission to DOC to use any materials submitted for the competition for social media, website and other promotional purposes.
- If the organisers cannot open or upload the entries submitted because of technical errors caused by file quality or if the file is damaged, the organiser reserves the right not to include the entries in the competition. We will enter into no correspondence with the entrant.
- Entrants agree to be contacted by the organisers regarding this competition.
- We will notify the winners by 1 October 2020.
- The judges' decision is final and we will enter into no correspondence.
- Prizes are non transferable and are not redeemable for cash. We will award up to a maximum of four prizes.
- If for any reason this competition cannot run as planned because of any cause beyond the control of the organiser which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promotion may be discontinued at the discretion of the organiser. The organiser accepts no responsibility for such an event.
- The organiser and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) claimed or sustained, because of taking part in this competition except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The entrant's consent to these Terms and Conditions is through their submission of their artwork to the above-stated postal and email address.