Who can enter
You need to:
- be living or studying in the Auckland region
- have an Auckland address – prizes will be sent here.
What you could win
You could win:
- a Rangitoto return family pass – Fullers360
- a Kelly Tarltons Experience
- a share of $300 worth of Kings Plant Barn vouchers
- Toyota Kiwi Guardians merchandise, or
- a family pass of a “behind the scenes” experience at Auckland Zoo.
How to enter
1. Take a photo of yourself
Take a photo of yourself doing one of these:
- Enjoying and experiencing Auckland's outdoors. For example, Picnicking, hiking, biking.
- Doing one of the things listed in our "50 ways countdown" – on our DOC Auckland FB page.
- At a conservation-themed activity or event.
- At our pop-up hole in the wall – locations to be confirmed.
2. Upload your picture onto Instagram or Facebook
Your photo needs to have been taken in September 2019.
Upload the image during Conservation Week onto either Facebook or Instagram. Make sure to tag your photo with "#50waysforconservation" so we can find your photo.
- need to have your Instagram and Facebook publicly accessible for us to find it.
- can enter as many times as you like with a different photo for each entry.
You can also send it in a direct message to our DOC Auckland Facebook page. The same terms and conditions apply and DOC may share your entry photo.
3. Wait to be contacted
A panel of judges selected by DOC will judge all the photographs. They will choose winners and announce them the week after Conservation Week.
Their decisions will be based on:
- originality and creativity
The winners will be privately messaged and announced on our Facebook page no later than 27 September 2019.
Terms and Conditions
- The Conservation Week photography competition is open to Auckland region-based participants, aged 14 years and above. Prizes will only be sent to an Auckland address.
- The competition opens on Saturday 14 September 2019 at 12:00 am and closes at 11:59 pm Sunday 22 September 2019. No entries will be accepted outside of these times and dates.
- Employees or agencies associated with the Department of Conservation may not enter the competition.
- Any photography that does not meet acceptable guidelines, for example, taking a photograph of a person without their consent or in a questionable position may be forfeit.
- Entrants may submit as many photos as they like, but they may not submit the same photo more than once.
- Photos must be taken in Auckland within September 2019 to be admissible to the competition.
- By submitting an entry to the competition by using #50waysforconservation you grant the Department of Conservation the permission to:
- re-share your photo on our social media channels and use it for promotional materials.
- use the person’s name who submitted/uploaded the photo to announce them as the winner.
- Entrants into this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade-marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation.
- If the Department of Conservation has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, we may disqualify it.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner(s) will be announced between the 23- 28 September with the winning photos shared on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, on-site and on our website