'Interacting with New Zealand wildlife'. Let your creativity run wild!
Entries will be judged in age categories. The prize is a conservation calendar and a one year membership to either the Kiwi Conservation Club or Forest & Bird, depending on age of winners. Three prizes will be awarded, thanks to Forest & Bird.
How to enter
You must be under 18 to enter.
The competition begins Friday 14 December 2018. All entries must be recieved before 11:59 pm Friday 22 February 2019.
Entries can be as short as you like, but must be no more than 2,000 words.
Send it as an attachment to the Arthur’s Pass Visitor Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ring the visitor centre +64 3 318 9211 for alternate ways to enter.
Winners will be announced Friday 1 March by email. Only winning entrants will be contacted.
Terms and conditions
- The competition opens on Friday 14 December 2018 and closes at 11:59 pm Friday 22 February 2019. No entries will be accepted after the closing date.
- To be eligible for this competition, you must be under 18 years of age at the time the competition closes (22 February 2019).
- All entries must be accompanied by an entry form.
- Entries can be emailed to email@example.com. Send your documents as direct attachments and not as shared files.
- Entries can be mailed to:
Department of Conservation
PO Box 51008
Arthur’s Pass 7654
- One submission per entrant. In the case of multiple entries, only the first submission by each entrant will be accepted.
- The entrant must be the original author of the work entered as described in the Copyright Act 1994. Any attempt at plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Entrants agree to be contacted by the organisers regarding this competition.
- The winner/s agrees to the use of their name and submission in any publicity material used by the organiser. Your personal information provided will be used in conjunction with the organiser's privacy policies and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- The organisers acknowledge the moral rights provisions of the Copyright Act 1994, including the right to be identified as the author of the work and the right to object to derogatory treatment of the work.
- It is the entrant's responsibility to obtain appropriate written permission from people who are identifiable in their work. The entrant must produce evidence of that consent to the organisers if requested.
- The entrant fully indemnifies the organisers against any claims arising from the display or use of unaltered work as described herein and from the infringement of intellectual property rights of any third party.
- If the organisers are unable to open or upload the entries submitted electronically because of technical errors caused by file quality or if the file is damaged, the organiser reserves the right not to include the entries in the competition. No correspondence will be entered into with the entrant.
- Winners will be announced on Friday 1 March on the competition webpage. Winners will be contacted via email (or via post if no email is provided). Only winning entries will be contacted.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. One prize will be awarded for each age category.
- Employees of the Department of Conservation and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- If for any reason this competition cannot run as planned, due to any cause beyond the control of the organiser which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promotion may be discontinued at the entire discretion of the organiser. The organiser accepts no responsibility for such an event.
- The organiser and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) claimed or sustained, as a result of participating in this competition except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The entrant's consent to these Terms and Conditions is through their submission of entries.