Rangatahi mō Papatūānuku terms and conditions
IntroductionThese are the terms and conditions for the Rangatahi mō Papatūānuku video competition.
These terms and conditions apply to the Rangatahi mō Papatūānuku video competition.
- The Department of Conservation (“the Organiser”) is organising a video competition (“the Competition”) with Storybox as a facilitator.
- The Competition opens on 1 Feb 2021 at 0700 hrs and closes 15 March 2021 at 23.59hrs.
- To enter, you must be a legal resident of New Zealand between the ages of 16 to 25 years old (inclusive) and not employed by the Organiser or have an immediate family member employed by the Organiser.
- Entry to the competition is through the URL: doc.govt.nz/rangatahivids. If you are submitting for a child or a group of children below the age of 18, a parent/caregiver/ teacher must agree to these terms and conditions and agree to be the point of contact for the submission. If the entry is selected as a winner, the parent/ caregiver agrees to be contacted by the Organiser.
- Submissions of videos will be via the link on the Competition webpage. You can only submit one video per person or one video per named group. You can submit your video by uploading it to the Competition’s Google account and share the file with us via the URL link.
- To submit your video you must ensure that you have read and agreed to abide by the terms and conditions contained here. You must also abide by the terms and conditions on the following platforms where the Organiser may publish your video.
- You are required to record and retain consents on video for the formal interviews included in your submitted videos.
- You must ensure that you are the original author of the work entered as described in the Copyright Act 1994. Any attempt at plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- You retain the copyright of your videos with the Organiser retaining a licence to use the videos for a period of ten years.
- By entering this Competition, you give permission for the Organiser to use the completed videos submitted for the Competition for social media, website and other promotional purposes related to the Competition. The Organiser will discuss with you any further promotions extra to the Competition before publishing.
- If the Organisers cannot open or upload the entries submitted because of technical errors caused by low file quality or if the file is damaged, the Organiser reserves the right not to include the entries in the Competition if the Organiser is unable to resolve the situation in a timely manner with you.
- You agree to be contacted by the organisers and Storybox staff regarding this competition.
- The Organisers retain the right to select and shortlist entries prior to judging based on compliance with these Terms and Conditions
- The Organiser will appoint the panel of judges who will judge the videos according to the categories on the Competition website. The judges' decision is final and the Organiser will enter into no correspondence regarding a judge’s decision.
- The Organiser will notify the winners and runner ups for each category by 29 March 2021 23:59 hrs.
- Winning entries will receive $1000.00, and the runner up for each category will receive $500. The Organiser will contact the winners directly and provide prizes directly.
- Winners agree to be profiled by the Organiser for celebratory and promotional purposes.
- If for any reason this Competition cannot run as planned because of any cause beyond the control of the organiser which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Competition may be discontinued at the discretion of the Organiser. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for such an event or the discontinuation of this Competition.
- The Organiser and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) claimed or sustained, related to this competition except for any liability which cannot be excluded by New Zealand law.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platforms.